t-2020

I don't have a pdf of my 2015 tax yet. Can I start on some other part of the 2016 return now?

t-2020

After you file

Thanks. I filed an extension for 2016 and am just getting started with Turbo tax. I have only entered my name and birthdate so far. I think I will wait till I receive my 2015 pdf.

After you file

What do you mean "receive" your 2015 pdf?  Receive it from where?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
t-2020

After you file

Receive it from my accountant.

After you file

Be aware that you have until October 16 to e-file your 2016 return,  After that you have to print it and mail it.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

Why do you need the 2015 PDF?  Do you have Carryovers to enter?
t-2020

After you file

I hope it will save time. Rather then entering, e.g., personal info. for myself and family by hand.
t-2020

After you file

thanks. that is very useful to know. I think I can get it done.

After you file

Not sure why you are mentioning having a pdf of 2015.  The only time you can transfer 2015 information into 2016, however, is at the very beginning of your tax return.  Once you start on the return it is too late to transfer anything from the previous year.

View solution in original post