Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@SJGILLIAN wrote:

Thanks. I'm using the CD installed on my machine. My question is I initially completed the entire tax form and was missing a required tax document so had to request an extension and I paid what was due (estimate). I now have the required form and need to make those changes and submit the "final" return.  

Do I just make the necessary changes and move on or do I need to do anything special prior to continuing? I already paid a significant amount and when I'm done with the changes I'd like to see what additional money is owed vice having to subtract what I've already paid and have the IRS wondering where is the rest.

Just make the changes to the tax return as needed before filing.  Make sure that the payment made with the extension request is included on your tax return.

To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button

Or enter federal extension payment in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to federal extension payment

The federal extension payment will be shown on Schedule 3 Line 9. The amount from Schedule 3 Part II Line 13 flows to Form 1040 Line 31