Federal to State transfer of W2 info shows error. Tried deleting

Specifically says there is an error with Payer ID - should be 14 characters without hypens. It has been entered correctly and totals 14 characters.
amandaburt01
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes I am having the same issue. Have spent several hours deleting everything and starting over. So frustrated.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQ link posted below for troubleshooting common federal to state transfer issues. Please let us know if this helps:

Troubleshooting common federal to state transfer issues

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@emzer_anzer    @amandaburt01 

SPECIFY which state  ?????????

IF Utah.....go thru every form that has a UT payer ID number on it, and replace the "WTH" with lower case "wth".

...no spaces, no hyphens...but use a lower case "wth" at the end of the number

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
amandaburt01
Returning Member

Just went through my W-2s and did that, no change. Still says that I am having the same issue. 

Hi,

It is a very weird error. With the help of Tammy from TurboTax support, we were able to figure out all you need to do is go back to each W2 and instead of using capitalized letters at the end, use lower case. This simple change fixed the issue.  Hope this helps! 

@amandaburt01 

Perhaps, but some several people found that they missed a form a two...not only W-2 forms, but perhaps 1099-R, or Unemployment 1099-G, or W-2G,,,,,,etc.  Any form that had a UT Employer ID number on it in the state section of that form.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*