hishamhilal9208
Returning Member

Am I a tax resident

Hello all, 

I have a complicated situation and I need the experts help on it.

I have landed as a PR in Canada in November 2019, stayed for 15 days and then left for some family matters. I was employed outside Canada when I was there but I was on leave for those 15 days and I landed just to finish my landing formalities. 

Anyways, while in Canada, I opened a chequing and a savings account and issued a credit card BUT the accounts are all empty until now and the credit card was never ever used. 

According to the CRA website, I have secondary ties and these arent enough to make me a tax resident. 

However, when I emailed my bank they informed me that its stated on my file that I am a tax resident, when I knew that I honestly panicked and didnt know what to do and whether this makes me a tax resident or not.

So do I need to file taxes for 2019? and declare my global income?. I dont want to be in violation of any Canadian laws.

@SusanY1  @xmasbaby0 @DoninGA  your insights are highly appreciated and considered 

Note: I will be moving permanently to Canada in a month so I will be filing the 2020 tax return.