Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax


If you've already filed your return you cannot add a state.  This may change your federal and state returns.  So if you filed your return and need to add additional information, then you will have to prepare an amended return in TurboTax.


If you used TurboTax Online, simply log in to your account and select Amend a return that was filed and accepted.

If you used our CD/download product, sign back into your return and select “Amend a filed return.” You must file a separate Form 1040X for each tax return you are amending.


Amend ONLINE    OR     Amend CD/Download       Amend 2016 - 2019

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"