I’m SO angry with Turbo tax this year!! I was not even prompted to file my 1095 A. I have used Turbo tax for 5 years in a row. Next year will be different! Thanks to Turbo Tax I now will be getti

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Form 1095-A is not included in the TurboTax free edition.  Form 1095-A, is used to complete  Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit, which is not supported by the free edition. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I think TT deveopers did not do a good job of implementing the health care penalty change in their program. Because it's no longer a requirement to have health insurance,  the program isn't prompting the user as it did in prior years to review this subject. You can find it under Deductions and Credits section/Medical. It's no longer a separate section making it easily missed.

Users of the free product should have been better coached by the software in this area.

Weeeellll, I paid $39.99 to do my federal return with Turbo Tax! I heard later that there may have been somewhere to put in the 1095A for that version, BUT I was not promoted or asked about health insurance at all. Now, I do understand they changed the tax healthcare laws....HOWEVER, many of us use the marketplace for our insurance, and I have been using TT for the past 8 years ...and ever since the healthcare marketplace came into effect, TT has always prompted me about the 1095A. I feel that this was an EPIC fail from Turbo Tax, it has caused me so much trouble and I paid for the product. I’ve never used a free version. I called to complain and I wasn’t even offered a refund. I will be taking my business elsewhere next year! I filed on 2/26, send my 1095A and other forms to the IRS on 3/18 (via priority mail with delivery confirmation) and I have yet to receive an update or any refund. I’m so frustrated bc here I am, laid off from my job, no money, and bc of Turbo Tax, I am still waiting on the $3700 refund ....and bc TT did not prompt me about the 1095A, I just assumed I didn’t need to file it. I mean TT asked me all kinds of other unnecessary questions, but not the one thing that really mattered. I think the only way to improve that error would be the simply question of “do you have health insurance thru the marketplace?” That simple.