IRS Form 7004 extends the filing deadline:
- 5-1/2 months for Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts.
- 6 months for Forms 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income and 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation.
- 6 months for Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return (unless the corporation's tax year ends on June 30, in which case a 7-month extension applies).
Thus, for tax year 2018, the extended due dates for calendar-year entities would be:
- September 30, 2019 for estates and trusts
- September 15, 2019 for partnerships and S corporations
- October 15, 2019 for corporations
Method 2: If you're using TurboTax Business to prepare your return, we'll walk you through the steps to paper-file your 7004 (e-filing not available):
- With your return open in TurboTax Business, type extend in the upper-right corner and click Find.
- Click the Jump to extend link in the search results.
- Under Which Return Do You Need to File?, select Extension of time to file (Form 7004) and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to print your 7004 form. We'll supply you with the mailing address as well as payment instructions, if needed.