How can I e-file my extension if I don't have my A...

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I e-file my extension if I don't have my AGI, or it got rejected?

Enter 0 as your AGI if you didn't file a return last year.

If you filed a 2018 return but don't have last year's AGI (or your extension got rejected), your best bet is to pay your taxes at IRS Direct Pay. It's free and also takes care of your extension.

  1. Go to IRS Direct Pay and select Make a Payment.
  2. Select Extension as your reason for payment.
  3. Select Continue and follow the instructions to completion. Submitting payment this way also gives you an extension until October 15.

You can also get an extension when paying through EFTPS (requires enrollment) or by debit/credit card (fees apply). See all IRS payment options.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Privacy Settings