In a TurboTax Live Line by Line Review a tax expert looks over every line of your return and files it for you. If tax experts look at more than one or two areas of your tax return, IRS regulations require them to sign and file your return for you. There's no extra charge for Line by Line Review.
Once your tax expert gets all your tax documents and information from you, it'll take 5-7 business days to complete your Line by Line Review.
What happens in a Line by Line Review?
- Meet your tax expert: We’ll set up a follow up phone call to meet your Line by Line Review tax expert. You’ll learn more about the process, how long it will take, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Upload additional information: You may need to upload additional documents or provide additional information before your tax expert can begin their review. You can also contact your tax expert again in the My Expert section.
- Review your return: After your Line by Line Review is finished, you'll receive a message to set up an appointment with your tax expert to review your return with you.
- Pay for your Line by Line Review: After you've reviewed your return with your tax expert and are ready to file, you'll pay for TurboTax.
- Download a copy of your return and submit for filing: Once you've paid, you'll have the opportunity to download a copy of your tax return before your tax return is filed.
If you need to amend your return after a Line by Line Review, our tax experts will help you do so.