You can enter a 1099-MISC on the 1099-MISC Summary screen.
- Open or continue your return.
- Search for 1099-misc.
- Select the option to go to the 1099-MISC section.
- Select Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
- If you need to enter another 1099-MISC, select Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.
- Enter the information from your 1099-MISC.
- If your form has an amount in more than one box, you’ll need to enter them as separate 1099-MISC forms. We’ll help you with that.
There are different types of 1099-MISC forms. Don’t worry: we’ll ask you questions to determine your type of 1099-MISC and automatically put your information in the correct section of your return.
Once you have entered at least one 1099-MISC, you can return to the 1099-MISC Summary screen any time to review, edit, delete, or add a new 1099-MISC form.
If your 1099-MISC was for any of the following, review the related income section in your TurboTax program to provide:
- Self-Employment (Schedule C): details on your work, add cash or 1099-K income, and enter expenses.
- Rental Properties and Royalties (Schedule E): details about your rentals and enter expense.
- Farm Income and Farm Rental: details about your farm, addition income and expenses.
If you don’t see the income section you need, look for the option to See all income or Explore on my own.
- Boxes 1 and 2 missing from your 1099-MISC screen? Go back to the main 1099-MISC screen using the steps shown above.
- Want to enter self-employment expenses? Type Schedule C in the Search box and select Jump to link.
- Trying to enter a 1099-MISC in the mobile app? Follow this link for instructions.
- Looking for steps to create and file a 1099-MISC for a contractor? Use Quick Employer Forms.