Form 1099-Q reports distributions and benefits from Coverdell education savings accounts and 529 plans. It's reported on the tax return of the person whose Social Security number is on the form.
Here's how to enter your 1099-Q in TurboTax:
- Open or continue your return.
- Select Federal and then Deductions & Credits.
- Scroll down to the Education section under All tax breaks.
- Select, Show more and select Start or Revisit next to ESA and 529 qualified tuition programs (Form 1099-Q).
- Follow the screens to enter your info.