Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 8:10:43 PM

I started a new LLC in 2017. I understand I need to use Turbotax Business to file the LLC tax return, but how do I get that data into my Turbotax Personal return?

0 3 616
3 Replies
Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 8:10:45 PM

You will get a K-1 and maybe a W2 from the LLC to manually enter into your personal tax return.  If you use the Online version you will need to use Premier to enter a K-1.  So you need to do the LLC return first to get the form to enter into your return.

What kind of LLC do you have?  Do you need to file a 1065 or 1120 Business return?  Are you a single member sole proprietor or a multi member  partnership?  Did you set up your LLC as a S corp?  If you are a sole proprietor (not an S corp) you file it in your personal tax return on schedule C as self employment, not as a separate business return.

Jun 4, 2019 8:10:46 PM

I do know that I need to file a 1065, but I was hoping that Turbotax would allow a seamless flow of data without my having to data enter the information into my Turbotax Personal file. The LLC is a two-person entity so we will divide up the expenses/income accordingly.

Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 8:10:47 PM

Sorry no.  They don't have that feature.  The Business program doesn't talk to the personal programs.