Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 5:27:24 AM

Do I need to file a schedule c with k-1

I started entering in my information as a Schedule C, but then figured out how to file my K-1.  Do I still need to enter in Schedule C?  There is not an option to delete the information that I already started

0 1 1312
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 5:27:25 AM

If you have a K-1 only, and are not self-employed then you do not need to use a schedule C. Since you already started filling out the Schedule C to delete it:

·         Login to your TurboTax account

·         Click Continue Your Return

·         In the top right corner of the screen, you will see My Account, click on my Account

·         Click on Tools

·         Under Other Helpful Links you will see delete a form, click on delete a form

·         Under Federal Return you should see Schedule C and next to it Delete, click on delete 

1 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 5:27:25 AM

If you have a K-1 only, and are not self-employed then you do not need to use a schedule C. Since you already started filling out the Schedule C to delete it:

·         Login to your TurboTax account

·         Click Continue Your Return

·         In the top right corner of the screen, you will see My Account, click on my Account

·         Click on Tools

·         Under Other Helpful Links you will see delete a form, click on delete a form

·         Under Federal Return you should see Schedule C and next to it Delete, click on delete