• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 9, 2020 11:07:16 AM

Will I get my stimulus check on my turbo card

0 216 9928
24 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 9, 2020 11:21:39 AM

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Please safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

Level 2
Apr 9, 2020 11:27:06 AM

Respectfully this does not answer the question. If TurboTax supplies the direct deposit info will the stimulus check be placed on our turbocards? 

Level 2
Apr 9, 2020 11:27:52 AM

See below

Expert Alumni
Apr 9, 2020 11:31:50 AM

Until we receive guidance from the IRS we do not know how they will apply the refunds for customers with the Turbo Card, which is why we ask that you check back for updates at the links provided. 

As soon as the IRS gives us more information, we will share that information with our customers.   

@Dsoya18 

Apr 9, 2020 6:30:34 PM

I would like to know if they are gonna go on the card so I can figure out what to do. 

Level 1
Apr 10, 2020 12:16:48 AM

Will I get my stimulus

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 4:27:18 AM

Someone could stop auto posting and actually answer us considering how much money everyone pays you

Level 1
Apr 10, 2020 4:46:37 AM

Susan Y1, they are starting to send checks and you still have no info for us. Please help your customers without using that same comment I’ve seen on fifty posts. 

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 5:47:58 AM

I would think so it has a touching and account number associated with the card and when I looked at my return it had the routing and account number from the card on the return. The card functions as a virtual bank account. And can be used as a regular debit card. It is a green dot product. If not I need to know because the 2018 tax return account I used is no longer open which will delay the deposit. 

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 5:51:24 AM

I have been using TurboTax for many years. I was not happy about your sneaky fees but wanted the continuity, so I stayed with the product. This may be the last straw for me. The stimulus payments are needed by many people. It is an incredibly stressful time and TurboTax is adding to that. This question is a fair question and it feels as though the answer is already known by TurboTax but for some reason they are delaying their response.

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 6:06:20 AM

I agree this is a huge issue. But when I looked at my return it had the touring and account number for the card. I am pretty sure it’s going on the card. It better anyway

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 6:34:48 AM

Right on my 1040 on page 2 my direct deposit info for my turbo card is there so dose that count as a direct deposit right? You employees are doing your best not to properly awnser this question 

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 6:51:38 AM

I think it’s a bit ridiculous that if you’re in the turbo card app and click settings and click get help it now says “customer support is not available right now” and there is no way to even talk to anyone. Why can’t turbo tax use honest companies that offer support to their customers. Also it seems as if turbo tax is starting to become dishonest as well. This year it said I was approved for the refund advance So I signed up for the turbo card and an hour later I got an email that said I wasn’t approved. I didn’t have the option to switch back to direct deposit after I wasn’t approved. And I can’t change my bank account information now either for the stimulus. Even H&R Block does that.

how on earth does TurboTax not know anything from the irs when the irs started rolling out stimulus money yesterday 

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 6:52:30 AM

How would you not know by now? They started sending out stimulus money yesterday 

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 7:00:47 AM

Any news on this subject?

Level 1
Apr 10, 2020 7:06:52 AM

So basically the answer is while Turbo Tax has partnered with the IRS for people who haven't already done their taxes, the rest of us are essentially sol. The links provided do not give any new information, and if it ever does, none of it pertains to this subject. It shouldn't be our responsibility to figure it out, it IS Turbo Tax's. We don't even have the option to change our deposit information. This is quite tragic really.

Expert Alumni
Apr 10, 2020 7:41:50 AM

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 7:46:36 AM

@LeonardS  That’s funny because when you talk to someone on the phone they have been instructed to tell people who registered for the turbo card that they will be issued a check but the IRS is working on a website for people to update bank account information. Quit giving robot answers to REAL people.

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 8:55:18 AM

A real answer would be nice after as much as I paid for this service. Just saying, the card is active and since I'm presently unable to work and dont qualify for unemployment the $1200 is gonna save me bacon. 

Expert Alumni
Apr 10, 2020 9:04:51 AM

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

@stina51157

Level 2
Apr 10, 2020 9:07:44 AM

@ReginaM  They have updated...they started rolling money out yesterday. why don’t you give the real answer....green dot sucks and you can’t talk to a real person cause it’s a scam artist company just like turbo tax is becoming

Level 1
Apr 10, 2020 9:58:15 AM

This is not answering our question at all either there allowing the deposit on the turbo card or there not. 

Expert Alumni
Apr 10, 2020 10:02:40 AM

TurboTax has not received an answer from the IRS on this issue.  "We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Apr 10, 2020 10:08:24 AM

Can you answer this is the turbo card part of the SBTPG bank?