Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 4:17:32 AM

While ammending w/ a misc 1099, I am unable to add expenses (& deductions). App says 'you have deductions for bartending, we'll show you later' but takes me to the end.

0 1 275
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 4:17:33 AM

After you’ve entered the information from your 1099-MISC, we'll ask a few questions to confirm the type of income you received and create the necessary forms. If your 1099-MISC income is from self-employment, we’ll help you enter expenses related to your income.

The related expenses are entered in the 1099 MISC section: 

• Log into your TurboTax online account and click on the Business tab and select Continue
  • Select “I’ll choose what I work on” and this takes you to “Let’s gather your business info” screen
  •  The first section down is Business Income and Expenses, choose Update
  • You are now at the “Here’s  the business info we have so far” screen where you should see your Business listed
  • Click Edit next to that business and on the next screen, scroll down to the fourth section which should be Business Expenses and select “Visit All

1 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 4:17:33 AM

After you’ve entered the information from your 1099-MISC, we'll ask a few questions to confirm the type of income you received and create the necessary forms. If your 1099-MISC income is from self-employment, we’ll help you enter expenses related to your income.

The related expenses are entered in the 1099 MISC section: 

• Log into your TurboTax online account and click on the Business tab and select Continue
  • Select “I’ll choose what I work on” and this takes you to “Let’s gather your business info” screen
  •  The first section down is Business Income and Expenses, choose Update
  • You are now at the “Here’s  the business info we have so far” screen where you should see your Business listed
  • Click Edit next to that business and on the next screen, scroll down to the fourth section which should be Business Expenses and select “Visit All