Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 4:35:03 PM

My return has already been accepted. Is there a way to check what w2 information was sent to see if it was incorrect?

I was informed with a general message that some imported w2's by users may have imported incorrectly.

0 4 385
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 4:35:05 PM

In addition to the  Forms that are sent to the IRS electronically, when you print your return their will be a number of informational schedules.  One of those is W-2 information.  If you print your entire return (I suggest you print as a pdf), you can then review the details of what W-2 was included in your return.

4 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 4:35:05 PM

In addition to the  Forms that are sent to the IRS electronically, when you print your return their will be a number of informational schedules.  One of those is W-2 information.  If you print your entire return (I suggest you print as a pdf), you can then review the details of what W-2 was included in your return.

Jun 4, 2019 4:35:06 PM

Thank you for your help. I did print it all, the numbers for wages and taxes withheld are correct, but I don't see where I can check if the EIN was correct. I know the correct employer name came up when I imported tho.

Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 4:35:08 PM

The EIN should be there.  But if the correct employer name came up I am pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.
Thanks for using TurboTax!

Jun 4, 2019 4:35:09 PM

I just downloaded this year's that was transmitted . 7 pages total, not a single form w-2 like I found in my 2017 return which I downloaded to compare. Now I'm really confused.