Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 27, 2024 2:58:16 PM

K-1 from Federal Return not showing on State Returns - how do I get the State Returns to "re-sync" with Federal Information?

I started several state returns before entering all my K-1's. Now the K-1's entered after starting State Returns are not showing up on State Returns as an option to choose for that state - how do I get the state return to update from current Federal? Nothing has been filed yet - just an extension on Federal.

0 1 11194
1 Replies
Employee Tax Expert
Apr 30, 2024 1:53:47 PM

You should go through the federal input section of the program again for each K-1 first to ensure they are all entered.  

To review your Schedule K-1 forms in your personal tax return, log back into TurboTax.

1. Select Income & Expenses.
  2. Scroll down to the section titled S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts and select Start to the right of Schedule K-1.
  3. On the screen titled "Tell us about your Schedules K-1," select start to the right of the applicable entity.
  4. Proceed to review the information from your Schedule K-1 into the program as prompted.  Repeat this for all of your Schedule K-1 forms.
  5. Next, go through the interview section for each state return starting with any nonresident returns.  
  6. You will need to make entries into the state interview section for each K-1 to ensure the amounts are pulled into the correct state return.