Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 9:23:04 PM

Is there a delay in tax returns filed Feb 12, 2017? I still have not received anything and the IRS site says it's still processing.

I'm concerned there maybe something wrong.

0 4 548
1 Best answer
Jun 4, 2019 9:23:06 PM

I also completed my application in Feb, but I waited until April because there was a rumor that the IRS has been dealing with a lot of ID theft frauds this year. Finally, I couldn't wait and directly called the IRS yesterday and talked with a representative (see https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2647542-i-know-the-irs-phone-number-is-800-829-1040-but-how-to-do-you-get-someone-to-actually-answer-the-line  to know how to contact a representative). The representative told me that I will receive a letter sent by the IRS within 7-14 days by mail. There will be a verification code or something on the letter. I should call the IRS back with that code to verify myself again, then they will process refunds (The rep did not say what the issue was but I guess that it is related to ID scams).    

4 Replies
Jun 4, 2019 9:23:06 PM

I also completed my application in Feb, but I waited until April because there was a rumor that the IRS has been dealing with a lot of ID theft frauds this year. Finally, I couldn't wait and directly called the IRS yesterday and talked with a representative (see https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2647542-i-know-the-irs-phone-number-is-800-829-1040-but-how-to-do-you-get-someone-to-actually-answer-the-line  to know how to contact a representative). The representative told me that I will receive a letter sent by the IRS within 7-14 days by mail. There will be a verification code or something on the letter. I should call the IRS back with that code to verify myself again, then they will process refunds (The rep did not say what the issue was but I guess that it is related to ID scams).    

Jun 4, 2019 9:23:07 PM

Thank you. I called the IRS yesterday as well but they asked me many questions about my previous tax return which I did not have on hand, therefore they could not verify my identity and they did not give me any information.

Level 1
Jun 4, 2019 9:23:09 PM

I wonder if this is why they asked me a ton of random questions?! My fed were accepted on feb 2 and still have not gotten them! It's been four months! Finally after calling a few times with no luck the last time they said I was showing a credit but was not released yet and I should be patient a little longer. But before that they asked me tons of questions pertaining to mine and my husbands identity.

Jun 4, 2019 9:23:10 PM

When did you finally get your refund?