Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 8:58:25 PM

If the irs told me im under review and if i dont receive my refund or a letter by 4/22/19 to call them back. What is going on?

0 3 261
3 Replies
Jun 4, 2019 8:58:27 PM

IRS uses letters not phone calls when dealing with issues.

Level 15
Jun 4, 2019 8:58:29 PM

Only the IRS can tell you.  Once you submit your return then Turbo Tax is done with their part.  The IRS doesn't give Turbo Tax any updates about your return or refund.

Jun 4, 2019 8:58:30 PM

It is possible that your return is being reviewed for various reasons.  The IRS is carefully reviewing returns that claimed the earned income credit to prevent fraud.  So it maybe one of the reasons your return is being delayed.  Another reason may be because your information statement (e.g. W-2) does not match IRS records; therefore, an adjustment is needed.  There also may be a pending offset towards other IRS taxes or governmental agencies liabilities (e.g. state, school loans, child support, etc.) you may owe.  

The IRS will send you a letter, explaining any adjustments that may have been required.  It is advised that you contact them by the stipulated date of April 22, 2019, if you do not receive your refund and or a letter explaining the delay.