Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 12:51:44 AM

I was made to ugrade to deluxe which forces me to do direct deposit but i do'nt have an account so i wanted to deposit into my mothers but it says i should'nt now what?

0 2 291
2 Replies
Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 12:51:46 AM

Using Deluxe does not not force you to use direct deposit--not sure why you think that.  You have the same choices for how to to receive your refund as with any version of the software.  You can choose to have a check mailed to you or have it put on a pre-paid card, or direct deposit.  If, however, you are choosing to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, you cannot choose to have a check mailed to you.  If you choose to have the fees deducted be aware that there is an EXTRA refund processing fee of $39.99 ($44.99 in CA) to do that.  You can avoid that fee by paying TurboTax upfront using a credit card.

But do not try to send your direct deposit into someone else's account. If you do, the bank will reject the deposit and send it back to the IRS.  The the IRS issues a paper check and mails it to the address on your return.  That will delay your refund by two weeks or even longer.

Level 2
Feb 17, 2022 3:15:41 PM

I too am being forced to use direct deposit. That would be why the person who posted this "said that".  I am using the Premier version. Used direct deposit last year. But checked "no" for this year. it reverts back to 'yes' even when I remove the bank info. It just requires me to re-enter that. It is related to requesting to pay any fees out of the refund. A mailed refund is not allowed in that circumstance. But TurboTax does not express that anywhere causing hours of troubleshooting.