Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 9:45:35 PM

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

1 48 5203
24 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jun 4, 2019 9:45:36 PM

You will need to log in to your Turbo Card account to cancel your card.  To log in go to: 

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

Apr 2, 2020 8:45:15 AM

This does not allow us to actually cancel the card. When clicking on the link to cancel the card it directs us to the FAQ and tells us to call a number that is an automated system and has no way of canceling the card. I’ve been trying to get ahold of someone or someway to close this account out with no luck.

Expert Alumni
Apr 2, 2020 9:02:25 AM

TurboTax does not have access to your account for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card issued by Green Dot.

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Green Dot, or your account with them,  should be directed to their customer service.  Find more information at https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

Apr 14, 2020 4:03:31 PM

I dont not want my stimulus check put on my turbo card.

Expert Alumni
Apr 14, 2020 4:13:14 PM

The only advice I have is that you change your banking information with the IRS if the payment has not yet been made through "Get My Payment" which should be active April 17th. 

Meanwhile, you can contact the Turbo Card help desk: 

TurboTax Card

IRS Get My Payment

Apr 15, 2020 12:50:32 PM

I need to cancel turbo tax card n order a new one

Intuit Alumni
Apr 15, 2020 1:05:20 PM

To receive a replacement card, you can call the Turbo Tax Prepaid Card Customer Service at: (888) 285-4169.   

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on the Turbo Card.

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/help-faq-s

Apr 15, 2020 7:11:55 PM

I dont have old card number I just need a new card

Intuit Alumni
Apr 15, 2020 8:30:58 PM

For any assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa, please click here to contact customer service. 

Level 2
Apr 17, 2020 11:01:07 AM

It's a total scam!!  I never authorized a TurboTax card and now my stimulus money is stuck on it because I can only transfer it to another Green-whatever account.  And of course I'm going to be charged a monthly fee for a card I never asked for or authorized.  This is a total scam!  I would like to know immediately how to get MY money out.

Apr 18, 2020 8:19:25 AM

How do I cancel my Turbo debit card.

Apr 20, 2020 7:48:50 AM

They passing the buck back to you. I called them, they say they can't help. 

Level 3
Apr 20, 2020 10:44:46 AM

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

Level 3
Apr 20, 2020 10:47:12 AM

Green Dot / Turbo Tax Card is set up (seemingly) to be impossible to cancel. I cannot get a live person on the phone, yet there is no automated option on the site/phone to cancel the card. I have been trying for a month.

I have also contacted Turbo Tax and requested help and all they do is give the automated number - so I have made Turbo Tax aware that this is a unacceptable - starting to look like unfair trade practice, aka SCAM - and if they do not act to rectify this (regardless of "Green Dot handles that") - the optics are they are complicit.

I urge anyone that is having this problem to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission:

I have been trying since March 2 to cancel - I am not a stupid or inept person - shouldn't be this complicated. Now I have a $4.95 charge and about to get another one... Yes it is only 5 bucks... But that is exactly what they are hoping we will all say. Ridiculous. I urge you to file a federal complaint (takes 2 minutes) and urge everyone you know having the similar problem to do so. 

Level 3
Apr 20, 2020 10:47:43 AM

Level 3
Apr 20, 2020 10:48:20 AM

Apr 22, 2020 4:13:24 PM

so there seems to be a reoccurring issue, 

I have file a claim with the FTC. 

I cannot even register the card on green dot bank, and close the account

Level 2
Apr 23, 2020 6:06:22 AM

I have gone on the app, the website and called the number. There is absolutely no way to cancel the card. And I'm getting charged monthly fees. I'm literally in tears right now!!

Level 2
Apr 23, 2020 6:59:48 AM

Has anyone gotten their stimulus payment on their turbo card yet?

Level 3
Apr 23, 2020 9:29:13 AM

go to the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint - this is nonsense. There is no reason you should have to pay a dime. Also send an email to their customer support laying out that you are trying to cancel and they have made it impossible... onlinesupport at greendotcorp com

Level 1
Apr 26, 2020 6:07:37 AM

That doesn't help AT ALL. I just want to cancel the **bleep** account they have my information and I can't get a live person! 

Level 2
Apr 26, 2020 6:24:30 AM

I will try. Hope it works. This is rediculous. 

Apr 26, 2020 8:35:25 AM

I would like to cancel my turbo debit card

Apr 26, 2020 10:15:54 AM

I want to cancel this card