Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 7, 2019 5:35:10 PM

I recived a letter 2645c from the irs inside the letter it say that they need 60 day's to finish there audit. Can some please help me

1 47 38163
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 5:35:11 PM

This is a notice or letter from the IRS telling the taxpayer that they have received the correspondence sent into IRS.

Many times the IRS has not had time to work the case and this letter serves to let the client / taxpayer know that their case is stilling being worked by the IRS.

Just sit tight while the work on it. TT cannot make the IRS go faster.

24 Replies
Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 5:35:11 PM

This is a notice or letter from the IRS telling the taxpayer that they have received the correspondence sent into IRS.

Many times the IRS has not had time to work the case and this letter serves to let the client / taxpayer know that their case is stilling being worked by the IRS.

Just sit tight while the work on it. TT cannot make the IRS go faster.

Jun 7, 2019 5:35:14 PM

i got the same reply from irs, except they said no audit, no explained reason

Jun 7, 2019 5:35:15 PM

I got the same letter no audit and no explanation. Just said they need 60 days to send me a complete response on what action they are taking on my account..what the hell does that mean and am I still getting a refund??

Jun 7, 2019 5:35:17 PM

I got the same letter and now that the 60 days is up, I get another letter saying they need an Additional 60 days!!!

Level 1
Jun 14, 2019 11:50:53 AM

I received this letter today, cannot find a date as to when you made this post, but can you tell me if you have yet received your refund?

Jul 31, 2019 6:20:54 AM

After receiving this form, does the IRS still update the Where's my Refund tool that I check regularly? Or am I wasting my time?  

Every time I call for an update, I get a different story.  First--you have to wait 11 weeks.  Then--You have to wait 11 weeks plus 30 days.  Now--You have to wait 11 weeks, plus 30 days, then you should get a letter within the next 30 days, and then you need to give them 30-60 days to get a final answer. 

HEADACHE.

Aug 1, 2019 10:50:42 AM

I get a letter literally every 30 days saying they need another 60 days. I was told I'd have my return TODAY, and guess what? The IRS agent I spoke to today, Mr. Slade, told me September 1st if I am lucky and expect another letter before then "hopefully". He told me my return was concidered "large" (that's laughable) and the IRS isn't releasing a lot of "larger" returns until all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. At this rate they will owe me at least $1000 in interest. I went through this crap last year with a 1040x and didn't get that until October. This is just deterring me from filing anything next year. Let's add an insult to injury as well, my steokid gave her mother mine and my husband's social security numbers (after she broke the box open) who then claimed him and I on her return. The IRS flagged it yet my **bleep** state clearly didn't see a big ol' flag and gave her a state refund of over 5k.
I can wait til she is rotting in Federal prison. Chances are she'll be there before we see our return.

Returning Member
Nov 24, 2020 2:18:01 PM

Did you ever get your refund after the letter? Thanks!

Level 3
Mar 8, 2021 5:08:53 AM

I reveived that same letter I like how it says wait 60 days when i have already waited a year for them to process my 2019 tax refund they sent ne my state check march 2020 and that was it .I will say this it dont make me want to file 2020 taxes

Level 2
May 15, 2021 12:31:06 PM

How did this go? I just received the same letter

Level 2
May 15, 2021 12:33:55 PM

How did this go? I just received my first 60 day letter.

Level 1
May 18, 2021 3:03:34 AM

I had to get my state Senator involved and then it went great, still took over 4 months to get my refund, but I also got interest on the money they were holding,  that I had to claim as income the following year. LOL

Jun 12, 2021 6:46:06 PM

I received one today and I don't remember asking for anything.

Level 3
Jun 12, 2021 7:07:33 PM

Its messed because i would get those letters every 60 days saying they still needed more time to do there audit but never asked for anything finally in November they asked for paystubs and didnt process my 2019 tax return until april of this year only for them to now hold up my 2020 tax return saying they need 60 days the kick in the a$$ is that when i did my taxes in 2018 at Jackson Hewitt didnt have a problem iy costed me a almost 500 for them to file it but got my return no issues 2019 i went thru turno tax it was a mess i paid like 200 dollars and couldnt get turbotax to help me with any letters or anything they just said it was the irs and i had to wait i went thru irs efile which took me thru tur3 tax for my 2020 tax return and the irs when i check my wheres my refund they say the information is wrong so maybe i will just quit my job and not file 2021 taxes because the irs cant get it together

Level 2
Jul 10, 2021 7:31:49 AM

We got a second when the 60 days was up! The 'second' 60-days are up next week, so I'm anxious to know if I will get a third 60 day letter or if we will get our refund. No explanation or audit notice given, just the 60 day review.

Level 1
Jul 14, 2021 6:03:00 PM

Has anyone received their federal refund yet with this letter? I am on my third "60 day" notice with no solution or questions answered in sight. I received my State return no problem. But I filed in February and here we are middle of July with no Federal. I have tried calling and calling for the last 5 months. I was originally thinking it was because I did not receive the first 2 Stimulus checks and answered so on my return which was apart of refund, and made my refund larger than it would have been but now I'm getting a little nervous. Any help or at least knowing I'm not the only person calms my nerves. Thank You in advance!  

Level 2
Jul 14, 2021 6:11:14 PM

We just got our 3rd 60-day letter and same circumstances you pointed out. Sounds like it will be months before any movement based on other threads I’ve seen :( 

Level 2
Jul 14, 2021 6:20:12 PM

After receiving this letter I called my state senator after waiting 12 weeks. They needed nothing from me, but time they said. After my Senator contacted the IRS I had my refund in about 2 weeks. 

Level 3
Jul 15, 2021 4:35:22 AM

When calling the irs press 1 for english then press 2 then 1 then 3 when it asks for your ssn dont put it in it will ask twice dont answer then it it will go on then press 2 then it should give you options dont press any numbers just wait on the line now if your lucky you will get a person on the line but unfortunately it could be a while to get a person on the phone so either call early in the morning or around 6 oclock at night since there hours say 7am to 7pm

Level 3
Jul 15, 2021 4:39:05 AM

If your on your third letter and no answer try getting your state representative to help or senator because when i did my 2019 tax return i kept getting letters it took a year to get my refund i got it around april of this and then my 2020 tax refund got held up and they just released that

Returning Member
Nov 18, 2021 7:17:58 PM

What is this this is a regards to as an SSDI recipients my stimulus check I don't owe them taxes and I don't it's not an audit it doesn't say audit on here she says they have to Courtney records we have to review the account and allows 60 days to do so to respond

Level 15
Nov 18, 2021 8:41:41 PM

@annharb74 You are adding on to a very old thread that multiple users have posted to.   No one in this user forum --or anyone at TurboTax---knows about a letter you received from the IRS.  We do not know who "Courtney"  is.     We cannot see your tax return.   

Is there a number on the letter?   What exactly does the letter say?  Does the letter say you need to do something or does it just say that you need to wait for the IRS to process your return?

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS/STATE

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

Level 2
Nov 19, 2021 4:59:40 AM

We filed 2020 taxes in early March, 2021 and received a 60 day extension letter from the IRS as well. In fact, every 60 days until September (I think we got 3 letters), we received an extension. Finally, our refund was deposited in late September, with interest, but no notification as to why it was delayed, or a letter closing it out noting why it was more than we filed for (I assume it was interest). So hang in there, hopefully it will work out like ours did. We were very upset and nervous about it all summer long! 

Aug 15, 2022 1:10:56 PM

It August 15, 2022 still no tax return

I'm not a millionaire.  Not much to work on . How much longer will it be?