Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 2:49:26 AM

I need to correct a value I entered for the number of years that we have claimed the American Opportunity Credit. How do I navigate back to these questions?

I didn't use Turbo Tax last year, so the software can't tell me...

0 1 198
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 2:49:27 AM

Use the following steps to go back to the questions about how many years you have claimed the American Opportunity Credit:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education

• Click on the blue “Jump to education” link

• Click Edit beside the student name

• At the bottom of the page, click Edit beside Education Information

• Scroll through the questions in this section to find “Did you ever receive the American Opportunity or Hope Credit” to change your answers

1 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 6, 2019 2:49:27 AM

Use the following steps to go back to the questions about how many years you have claimed the American Opportunity Credit:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education

• Click on the blue “Jump to education” link

• Click Edit beside the student name

• At the bottom of the page, click Edit beside Education Information

• Scroll through the questions in this section to find “Did you ever receive the American Opportunity or Hope Credit” to change your answers