Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 6, 2020 7:52:34 AM

I need to amend my bank info for the Stimulus check the bank account I used for my tax return is currently closed

0 3 223
3 Replies
Level 15
Apr 6, 2020 7:53:01 AM

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Apr 17, 2020 6:57:05 PM

i need to add my bank account so i can get my stimulus check. i do not owe nor do i get a refund so idk how to add my bank info since the get my payment requires either a refund amount or amount owed 

Apr 18, 2020 1:19:09 AM

Good luck I paid the 30 dollars for the plus version just to be able to call them to ask because every time I tried to amend it asked me to pay so I did it still wouldn’t let me so I called they said they let me amend and further more I can’t get my 30 dollars back I’ve used TurboTax for a few years now but definitely not after this I saw your post so I thought I’d let you know so you don’t spend the money just to hear no!