Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 9, 2023 9:51:04 PM

How long do I get updates if I mailed my tax return?

0 1 214
1 Best answer
Level 15
May 10, 2023 4:43:54 AM

On a mailed in return you do not a notice whether your return was accepted or not. You can check the IRS website Where’s My Refund (if due one), 4 tom6 weeks after you mailed the return.  If you owe taxes, you will not receive a notice when they are paid.

You can find the most up to date information about your refund on Where’s My Refund? The tool is updated daily so you don’t need to check more often.

You can use the tool to check the status of your return:

• 24 hours after e-filing a tax year 2022 return
  • 3 or 4 days after e-filing a tax year 2021 or 2020 return
  • 4 weeks or more after filing a paper return

Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

1 Replies
Level 15
May 10, 2023 4:43:54 AM

On a mailed in return you do not a notice whether your return was accepted or not. You can check the IRS website Where’s My Refund (if due one), 4 tom6 weeks after you mailed the return.  If you owe taxes, you will not receive a notice when they are paid.

You can find the most up to date information about your refund on Where’s My Refund? The tool is updated daily so you don’t need to check more often.

You can use the tool to check the status of your return:

• 24 hours after e-filing a tax year 2022 return
  • 3 or 4 days after e-filing a tax year 2021 or 2020 return
  • 4 weeks or more after filing a paper return

Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.