Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 12, 2023 10:07:48 AM

How can I amend a return from my personal SSN to my Trust's Tax ID number. I received a corrected 1099 after I had already filed my return?

0 1 124
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Apr 12, 2023 1:30:12 PM

You said "amend a return from my personal SSN to my Trust's Tax ID number".  Do you want to amend a Federal 1040 tax return or a Federal 1041 tax return?  Please clarify.

If you want to amend a Federal 1040 tax return and report corrected 1099 income, follow these steps.

If your return has been transmitted and rejected by the IRS, you can correct your tax return and re-transmit.

If your return has been transmitted and accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your Federal 1040 tax return.  However, before amending your tax return, do not enter the return and do not enter the return and make any changes.

If you used TurboTax Online, log in to your account and select Amend a return that was filed and accepted.

Report the 1099 by following these steps:

• Select Federal from the left side menu.
  • Click on Wages & Income.

See also this TurboTax Help.

@cjhe673722 

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 12, 2023 1:30:12 PM

You said "amend a return from my personal SSN to my Trust's Tax ID number".  Do you want to amend a Federal 1040 tax return or a Federal 1041 tax return?  Please clarify.

If you want to amend a Federal 1040 tax return and report corrected 1099 income, follow these steps.

If your return has been transmitted and rejected by the IRS, you can correct your tax return and re-transmit.

If your return has been transmitted and accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your Federal 1040 tax return.  However, before amending your tax return, do not enter the return and do not enter the return and make any changes.

If you used TurboTax Online, log in to your account and select Amend a return that was filed and accepted.

Report the 1099 by following these steps:

• Select Federal from the left side menu.
  • Click on Wages & Income.

See also this TurboTax Help.

@cjhe673722