Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Aug 28, 2020 10:30:12 AM

Hi has anyone ever gotten a notice 1445 from the irs . can anyone explain this to me?

1 28 41438
24 Replies
Not applicable
Aug 28, 2020 12:35:53 PM

no 1445 but there is a 1444.

IRS Notice 1444 is not a check itself, but the official correspondence that your Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) stimulus payment has been approved and automatically deposited into your account.

there is a cp145

see this link 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp145-notice

Level 2
Aug 29, 2020 3:22:54 PM

USPS "Informed Delivery" says I have an IRS NOTICE 1445 coming my way, but the mail is apparently not being delivered today... Sigh... Anybody else get this? Anxious as to what it could be.

Level 2
Aug 29, 2020 3:27:31 PM

This topic is re: IRS NOTICE 1445, which does exist.

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020 6:50:23 AM

Did you ever figure out what this was? I see that I have one being delivered today, but mail delivery has been delayed in my area and I cannot find anything about this online other than this post.

Level 2
Sep 1, 2020 6:54:05 AM

Yes - it is a language notice (English, Spanish, etc.). It accompanied a letter I received confirming acceptance of my amended return.

Level 1
Sep 4, 2020 5:58:01 AM

didi you actually amend or is due to the non-filer entry for updated bank or address info?

Returning Member
Sep 21, 2020 1:49:49 PM

HI,

I have IRS letter coming in mail but it hasn't arrived, I can see online my mail coming. It is IRS Notice 1445.

I don't have any property, which seems to be the letter in irs.gov. Anyone else who wrote here actually get the notice? What is it? Thx

Level 15
Sep 21, 2020 3:00:43 PM

Read the posts above, one of them says what it is.  

Returning Member
Sep 21, 2020 3:49:35 PM

Hi, I saw the responses posted. Language letter but with an amended return. I didn't amend or have anything recently sent to IRS. Did taxes in Feb and also got stimulus when they were first dispersed.

Section 1445 on IRS.gov is about taxes for acquired property, which doesn't pertain to me.

Any info greatly appreciated. 

Thx

Level 2
Sep 21, 2020 4:08:06 PM

It is (still) a language notice (English, Spanish, Chinese, etc.) irrespective of what other notice you are getting. In my case the notice accompanied a letter I received confirming acceptance of my amended return. In your case it (the language form) is accompanying some other notice (the substance of why they are writing you), as you indicated you did not file an amended return. So, in short, when the person above answered you by indicating the answer to your inquiry was already addressed above, they were indeed correct - the IRS does not have more than one type of form to a corresponding form number, as that would be ridiculously confusing.

Returning Member
Sep 21, 2020 4:15:20 PM

Ok,

I understand. I can only see through the envelope on the letter so it must be that Notice 1445 is accompanying something else that is inside the envelope. Hopefully I can obtain the letter, as I am anxious to get it.

It showed up online as arriving to my mailbox but hasn't come yet. 

Thx!

Oct 8, 2020 5:00:20 PM

I would like to report the same letter I received recently. I was sweating when I saw USPS email notification with a copy of IRS envelope. In the USPS email, you can merely see some numbers like 1445 through a plastic cover of the envelope.

Once I actually received the letter, then immediately opened it. It looked like IRS was beginning to attach Notice 1445 since July 2020 with other documents.

The Notice 1445 is just a general letter saying that "Tax Help in Other Language", which introduces IRS offers tax help in different languages. Another document in the envelope is to thank me to use IRS Online Service. Then I recalled that I registered an online account at IRS to view my previous tax scripts. So, if you registered an online account on IRS, you may receive this letter.

Mar 20, 2021 2:55:34 PM

I had the same experience today, and had a bit of anxiety because I had filed an amended return months ago asking for a refund.  The 1445 is notification of acceptance of your amended return.  I suppose it could be notice that your amended return was rejected.  An audit notice, I believe, would be certified mail.

Aug 7, 2021 9:58:35 AM

SUMMER 2021...

The notice is likely the result of an additional refund you should have recently received because of ARPA, (which was enacted after many taxpayers had already filed for Tax Year 2020).

You would receive an automatic additional refund because either:

1. You received Unemployment Insurance, which is now excluded from Taxable Income, AND/OR

2. You repaid Advance Premium Tax Credit, which was waived for Tax Year 2020 only.

The IRS is recalculating refunds in these scenarios automatically, which is why it reads like you amended a return when you actually didn't.

If you did not receive an additional refund from the IRS recently but received this notice, then you may want to pursue the matter further.

Aug 28, 2021 12:30:16 PM

I just received (8/28/21) notification from USPS Informed delivery that the IRS sent me mail.  I could see from the USPS email that it says form 1445 through the envelope.  However, this mail was not delivered by the post office to my mailbox.  I googled the same question to see if anyone else experienced this. I went into irs.gov website to my account and there is No correspondence from the IRS to me on record.  No one likes to get mail from the IRS so this whole thing is annoying.  In researching IRS form 1445 it says it has to do with FIRPTA withholding yet I'm not foreign nor anything to do with foreign transactions so I have no idea what this is about.  The IRS website shows nothing has been sent to me.

Jan 5, 2022 8:24:35 PM

Yes I did

Jan 5, 2022 8:27:06 PM

I got a letter from the IRS saying that it's 1445 notice what's that mean they say I owe $6,000

Jan 5, 2022 8:29:28 PM

What's it mean

Level 6
Jan 6, 2022 5:22:47 AM

The IRS is mailing all recipients of economic impact payments, commonly referred to as stimulus checks, a copy of Notice 1444 that provides information about the amount of their payment, how the payment was made and how to report any payment that wasn't received.

Level 15
Jan 6, 2022 7:39:16 AM

@Myway666   Please wait until you actually get the letter.

Feb 15, 2022 5:50:33 AM

So I just received Notice 1445. But it came with another letter stating I'm owed a refund from 2020. It states: "We changed your 2020 Form 1040because of recent tax laws, rulings, or regulations required us to correct your unemployment compensation". Refund due: $733.00.  It's basically a decrease in tax owed in 2020. I don't know why I got the 1445 form because it's for tax help in other languages.

Employee Tax Expert
Feb 15, 2022 6:09:13 AM

If your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) was less than $150,000 in 2020, the American Rescue Plan enacted on March 11, 2021, excluded from income up to $10,200 of unemployment compensation paid in 2020, which means you didn't have to pay tax on unemployment compensation of up to $10,200. The refund of $733 was the amount of tax paid on your unemployment for 2020 that the IRS refunded. The IRS automatically refunded money to people who filed their tax return reporting unemployment compensation in 2020.

The Notice 1445 is just a general letter saying that "Tax Help in Other Language", which introduces IRS offers tax help in different languages. 

@FullStrength

Returning Member
Feb 23, 2022 5:06:09 AM

I am going to receive the letter ✉ too in the mail today what that's mean 1445 

Feb 23, 2022 5:10:06 AM

The Notice 1445 is just a general letter saying that "Tax Help in Other Language", which introduces IRS offers tax help in different languages.