Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 15, 2024 8:19:27 AM

Getting TurboTax live help without a US phone number

My situation is a little special so it requires a quite bit of context first. 

To start, I purchased the TurboTax Live Full Service package and had a tax expert help me with my 2023 taxes online via the intuit website. I was told that I could contact TurboTax anytime for the rest of 2024 after I purchased the Full Service package. 

After I checked my documents, I realized that the person that helped me only did the taxes for federal, but did not complete the taxes for state so I need to contact TurboTax again to finish everything up. Not too much of a problem in and of itself, but unfortunately now it says that my file status is complete and I now need a valid phone number to have them contact me and talk about my case. 

I am currently living in Japan, and thus have a Japanese phone number so I do not possess a valid phone number to have TurboTax call me back with. A US phone number was not necessary for the initial chat with the tax expert, but I can't seem to figure out how to contact a live expert without a US phone number after the initial chat.

Can anyone help me? 

0 1 760
1 Replies
Level 15
Oct 15, 2024 8:41:44 AM

I forwarded your message to the TurboTax Moderators for this forum to see if they can give you assistance in this matter.