Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 1:22:28 AM

Filed a correction March 9th faxed the papers. 8962, 1095-A. They said roughly 2 weeks. Anyone gotten anything before the 2 weeks? Or was it held up even longer after 2?

0 6 1166
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 1:22:29 AM

That is a mixed bag ... some get it sooner some take longer depending on the current workload and personnel available ... so plan for it to take a LONG time and be delighted if it comes in earlier. 

6 Replies
Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 1:22:29 AM

That is a mixed bag ... some get it sooner some take longer depending on the current workload and personnel available ... so plan for it to take a LONG time and be delighted if it comes in earlier. 

Jun 6, 2019 1:22:31 AM

Thank you!! I did speak to some @ the irs via phone. And the gentleman had stated March 22nd, March 25th @ the latest and if I don’t recieve anything to call back and let them know. Because March 25th will be 2 weeks since I had submitted and the the gentleman I had spoken to prior who had helped me understand what forms I needed to correct the mistake has also said it is typically 2 weeks after I submit the correction to recieve anything!! It’s never taken so long. This is almost my very first time in 8-9 years of filing since I was 16 to have an issue. It’s an unusual process for sure.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 1:22:32 AM

Well sadly you missed entering in the 1095-A to start with and instead of either mailing the return back to you and telling you to fix it and mail it back (add 12 + weeks to the process)  OR  adjusting the return themselves which would require you to amend the return for the balance of the refund they shorted you ( 16+ weeks to the process) they are giving taxpayers the option to fax in the missing forms now and only wait a couple of weeks ... so please be patient with the process.

Jun 6, 2019 1:22:34 AM

I am m. I was just curious on how it typically works. I was given the option to fax back/in. I asked if I needed to file an amendment and was giving a very definite no. The gentleman I had first spoke to the first time around six it would and or could mess it up more. I only need 2 forms to match my numbers to theirs. Fortunately for me I had 2 angels at H&R Block who inputed it, got the numbers needed. Gave me the forms to just take what they did and put it in my own. And they charged me nothing knowing I filed with turbo and not them. Thank you so much for responding. 🙂

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 1:22:35 AM

FYI ... you could have logged in and done the same thing with TT for free ... sorry you didn't try here first.

Jun 6, 2019 1:22:39 AM

Ohh, I didn’t know that. I didn’t need to do an amendment just submit 2 papers. 1095-A and 8962. I didn’t pay anything @ H&R Block. I only payed to fax the papers. I will know for next time IF there was ever another issue!