I forgot my password in the TurboTax CD/Download s... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.322 helpful votes

I forgot my password in the TurboTax CD/Download software

Simply click Forgot Password in the password request pop-up to answer your security question. That'll get you back in.

Once you're back in, you can select Password (Windows) or Encrypt (Mac) from the File menu if you want to update or remove your password altogether.

What if I forgot the answer to my security question?

To ensure the safety and security of your sensitive tax data, our Experts are unable to help with forgotten security answers or passwords. Here are your options:

• If you need to view or print a return you already filed, search your computer for a PDF copy, assuming you saved one. If you can't find it, you can order a copy from the IRS.
  • If you haven't filed the return yet, you can always start over. Choose New Tax Return from the TurboTax File menu and we'll get you going again.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post