Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State tax filing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
All Data was entered correctly and double checked. Printed forms do not show adjustments or calculations to deductions. Hard to see what' being done in the background but the State of MD disagreed.
smitharines ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 6 hours ago by JotikaT2
Good evening, I work remotely full-time in New Jersey for a New York company. I'm trying to decide how much I should withhold from my New York wages in view of these circumstances. Am I technically "liable" for both NY and NJ taxes, and therefore wou... read more
Christopher773 ‎Posted yesterday
I worked in CA for 10 days in 2023. During the year, I also sold some stock (which was not affiliated with CA sources). I do not understand why TurboTax Desktop 2023 generated a Schedule D (540). On the form itself, it says "Do not complete this sche... read more
sansu ‎Posted yesterday
Turbo tax automatically generated Cal Form 3840 for 2021 and 2022, but not for 2023. Just realized it now that this form is missing when I submitted my California state income tax on 4/02/2024. Do I need to send an amendment or just submit the missin... read more
Analisa47 ‎Posted yesterday
Tuve una verificación de identidad hace 3-4 semanas, y en la página de IRS todavía no estoy “aprobado”. También no me deja llamar a ningún número tanto de TurboTax o el IRS. Me gustaría aunque sea tener un correo electrónico para tener comunicación o... read more
danigc7 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Bsch4477
I just started working for the state basically help at home branch and Illinois for my mother for home health care. They are not taking out federal or FICA taxes out of my check. Now I have not received a check yet I just received a pay stub. They're... read more
venardos33 ‎Posted yesterday
Hello. My wife and I had our house in California since the mid 1990s. We purchased a second home in Oregon in late 2021. Starting the first day of 2023, I live in Oregon pretty much full time. My wife spends most of her time in California. Still happ... read more
Joekr0 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by Joekr0
Completed all states and went to print, Ohio is a part year, the first half. On schedule of credits line 36 is the non-resident credit, and says (include a copy). Turbo Tax fails to print form Ohio IT NRC. How do I get Turbo Tax to output this seemin... read more
frush6213 ‎Posted March 19, 2024 | Latest post Sunday by job64
pjx2peter-aol-co ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by VolvoGirl
There seems to be an obscure tax code stating that if a Merchant Marine works out of state for more than 180 days, they don't have to pay state taxes. I've met 2 or 3 other merchant Marines who qualify for this, but don't know about the details and t... read more
1dboren ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by TomD8
Sorry to say that the TurboTax New York State software seems having a problem to recognize income from New York City government. I worked and retired from New York City government. I got the right amount of refund from NYS for 2022, but my local gove... read more
XP666 ‎Posted March 23, 2023 | Latest post Sunday by User45yrs
What date I file my taxes with y'all have been 21 days yet
user757199517 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by rjs
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies