Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

Hello, I retired at 55 and a few years ago started doing conversions from my traditional IRA to Roth. I stopped doing large ones since now the IRMAA impact can be significant for both my wife and I (she is Medicare next year).Last year I harvested so... read more
inmanlanier1 ‎Posted 8m ago
I am filing in New York State and the pension is not from a state or city government.
markedward53 ‎Posted February 22, 2021 | Latest post 22m ago by RPMBoss888
My income exceeds the contribution threshold for IRA. I am trying to do back door Roth. A few years ago, I rolled traditional IRA into my prev employer's 401k plan. However, the problem with this approach is I'm limited to trade funds and stock offer... read more
ansettax ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post an hour ago by ansettax
oiho77 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post an hour ago by DoninGA
I am working on my 2023 taxes and noticed that I over contributed above the roth 401k limit. I was missing a tax form and couldn't file by the deadline, so I submitted an extension. Because I submitted an extension that gives me until October 15th to... read more
thegoodreturn ‎Posted 2 hours ago
In TT 2023, the information from our TT 2022 IRA Contributions Worksheet did not get tranferred fully. In the taxpayer column, my "Traditional IRA Basis Detail" is blank, while it was populated in TT 2022. On the TT 2023 worksheet, it is blank. The s... read more
bigjon1452 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 8 hours ago by dmertz
We had an excessive Roth IRA contribution for 2023. We didn't discover this until filing taxes. Our investment firm removed the excess before filling date. The excess contributions were $15,000 (7500 each, MFJ). The earnings were roughly $2300 and ch... read more
txpharmguy0330 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by fanfare
I mistakenly deposited funds into an individual 401K that I am not qualified for on December 30, 2022. When I discovered this, I had the funds (along with the earnings) withdrawn (around February 2023) before the filing of the 2022 tax return. For ta... read more
HL14 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by HL14
I inherited an IRA from my father in early 2020 and it falls under the 10 year rule. He was already taking RMDs before he passed away. The IRS waived the RMD requirement for 2020 and I didn't make an RMD that year. Does the RMD waiver in 2020 expand ... read more
shydig ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by shydig
This is my first time using TurboTax for my 2023 tax returns. I used to go to an accountant, but he screwed up my 2021 returns by okaying a Roth IRA contribution when I shouldn't have contributed. It was more than a year after the contribution, so I ... read more
acchang4 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by fanfare
I have full records of my Traditional IRA basis (although I empty the account with rollovers to Roth IRA each year. The 2022 tax year form only asks for basis up to end of 2021, is this a mistake?
iainthompson50-g ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by dmertz
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies