Error 42001: The name resolver service could not resolve the host name occurs when attempting to update TurboTax.
Possible causes include, but aren't limited to:
- Your computer's internet connection or router being configured incorrectly
- Your internet service provider (ISP) experiencing a technical problem
- The Intuit Update Server experiencing a technical problem
Download a manual update instead to solve this issue.
If the problem reappears in the future while updating:
- Confirm your internet connection is working properly
- Retry updating by using Check for Updates on the Online menu in TurboTax
- If updating fails, wait and try again later or download a manual update