Connecting to the Internet is required to update TurboTax and ensuring your completed tax return is accurate and ready to file.
To check your Internet connection:
- Open your browser and go to a website that you haven't visited in a while. If you can't access the site, your connection isn't working. Contact your Internet service provider for assistance.
- Set up your firewall software so TurboTax can download updates and state programs.
If you are still having issues, you can try power cycling your modem and router (if you have one):
- Unplug both your modem and router.
- After a couple of minutes have passed, plug your modem back in.
- Wait until it has completed restarting before doing the same with your router.
- You can usually tell if a router or modem has fully restarted when all the lights have stopped flashing and remain solid.
For more help with your internet connection, see Microsoft's