If you're using TurboTax Desktop and have installed and activated the license number, you may receive multiple activation prompts, which results in TurboTax not launching.
You're impacted if you:
- Are using TurboTax 2019 or TurboTax 2020 Desktop
- Have successfully activated your license
- Are prompted to activate every time TurboTax launches
- Have a valid activation code
- Never get TurboTax to open after activation
This error is caused by the internet connection being unable to resolve connection to our server for license activation.
One of the following methods should resolve this issue. If they're successful, TurboTax will skip activation and open the starting screen where you can begin or continue your return.
If TurboTax continues to prompt you for an activation code, the fix didn't work.