TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I report unemployment if I didn't get a 1099-G?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1629Updated January 30, 2024

If you received unemployment compensation from a union, private voluntary fund, or as a state employee you might not get a 1099-G. Here's how you enter the unemployment:

  1. Open or continue your tax return in TurboTax online.
  2. Search for unemployment and select the Jump to link.
  3. On the Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2023? screen, answer Yes.
  4. Answer non-government to the question Where did you get your benefits from?
  5. Follow the instructions to enter your unemployment.

If you've lost or can't find your 1099-G, select your state below to go to your local unemployment website. Once there, you may be able to sign in to your account and view it, or request another one be sent to you.

Alabama (AL)Illinois (IL)New Hampshire (NH)
Alaska (AK)Indiana (IN)New Mexico (NM)
Arizona (AZ)Iowa (IA)Nevada (NV)
Arkansas (AR)Kansas (KS)Ohio (OH)
California (CA)Kentucky (KY)Oklahoma (OK)
North Carolina (NC)Louisiana (LA)Oregon (OR)
South Carolina (SC)Maine (ME)Pennsylvania (PA)
Colorado (CO)Maryland (MD)Rhode Island (RI)
Connecticut (CT)Massachusetts (MA)Tennessee (TN)
North Dakota (ND)Michigan (MI)Texas (TX)
South Dakota (SD)Minnesota (MN)Utah (UT)
Delaware (DE)Mississippi (MS)Vermont (VT)
District of Columbia (DC)Missouri (MO)Virginia (VA)
Florida (FL)Montana (MT)West Virginia (WV)
Georgia (GA)Nebraska (NE)Washington (WA)
Hawaii (HI)New Jersey (NJ)Wisconsin (WI)
Idaho (ID)New York (NY)Wyoming (WY)

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads