TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where do I report a 1099-G for unemployment or paid family leave?

SOLVEDby TurboTax4241Updated March 03, 2022

Important: If your 1099-G shows an amount in box 2go here for alternate instructions, as the steps below won't work.

If you're using the TurboTax mobile app, follow these instructions.

If you received unemployment payments or took paid family leave, enter your 1099-G info.

Unemployment compensation and paid family leave are entered in the same place:

  1. Open or continue your tax return.
  2. Search for 1099-G and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  3. On the Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2021? screen, answer Yes.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 1099-G information.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop DeluxeTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Live BasicTurboTax Live DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employedTurboTax Live PremierTurboTax Live Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps DeluxeTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Online DeluxeTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads