TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I add a dependent's W-2 to my return?

SOLVEDby TurboTax10633Updated January 26, 2024

You don't—your dependent's W-2 isn't reported on your return.

If your unmarried dependent's W-2 earnings exceed their Standard Deduction ($13,850 in 2023), they should file their own return and report the W-2 on their return.

Even if your dependent didn't earn enough to be required to file, they may want to file a return to recover any withholdings.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads