There are a few reasons why you may be getting the following message at Where's My Refund:
We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.
- Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
- Your return is still pending.
- You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
- If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
- You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait 4 weeks before using WMR.
- If it's late January or early February, WMR can be overwhelmed by early filers. Call the WMR automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954.
Tip: If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount. You can get this number from your Form 1040, line 35a.