The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.
To check the status of your refund:
- Check your e-file status
- If it's been accepted, track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site
- You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status, which you'll find on the first screen after signing in to TurboTax
- If you mailed your return, wait 4 weeks after mailing your return before using the tool
- If it's rejected, fix your return and file it again
- If it's pending, wait until your return is accepted
If it's been more than 21 days since your e-filed return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status.
Go here to track your state refund.