Yes, you can file your M1PR when you prepare your Minnesota taxes in TurboTax. We'll make sure you qualify, calculate your Minnesota property tax refund, and fill out an M1PR form, which can be e-filed.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account
- As you're preparing your Minnesota taxes, look for the Other Forms You May Need screen (towards the end of the interview, past the estimated taxes and extension topics)
- Check the first box and follow the onscreen instructions
- After the State Elections Campaign Fund and Nongame Wildlife Fund screens, you'll come to the Filing instructions screen
- Select Print Form M1PR and mail the printout by August 15 to:
Minnesota Property Tax Refund
Mail Station 0020
600 N. Robert St.
St. Paul, MN 55145-0020
Tip: You can also file your M1PR free of charge at the MN Dept. of Revenue Property Tax Refund site, and if you're a homeowner, you can e-file it through the MN DOR's Property Tax Refund Online Filing System.