TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How can I e-file my extension if I don't have my AGI, or it got rejected?

SOLVEDby TurboTax135Updated 2 weeks ago

Your ability to e-file your extension depends on your situation:

  • If you don’t have your AGI because you didn’t file a tax return last year, enter 0 as your AGI.
  • If you just can't find your AGI from last year, follow the steps in this article.
  • If you filed a 2021 return but don't have last year's AGI (or your extension got rejected), your best bet is to pay your taxes at IRS Direct Pay. It's free and also takes care of your extension.
    1. Go to IRS Direct Pay and select Make a Payment.
    2. Select Extension as your reason for payment.
    3. Select Continue and follow the instructions to completion. Submitting payment this way also gives you an extension until October 16.

You can also get an extension when paying through EFTPS (requires enrollment) or by debit/credit card (fees apply). See all IRS payment options.

Remember, your extension needs to be filed by the tax deadline date. If your extension is rejected, you have 10 days after the rejection is issued.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads