TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What about stocks or crypto?

SOLVEDby TurboTaxUpdated 1 month ago

What about income from stocks?

If you sold investments through a bank or brokerage during the tax year, you should receive one or more Form 1099-B by January 31 of the following year. Brokers must mail a copy to every customer who sold stocks, bonds, options, commodities, or other securities.

What about income or losses from crypto?

All cryptocurrency sales are taxable transactions that have to be reported on your tax return. Unlike stocks and bonds, cryptocurrency exchanges are not required to provide a Form 1099-B or summary tax statement for cryptocurrency transactions. You may need to go to your exchange’s website and download your order or trading history.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads