You can take a picture via the mobile app, which will then upload to TurboTax Online. Here's how:
- Download the mobile app on the iOS or Android device you want to use to snap the picture.
- Open the app and sign in.
- Tap Wages & Income then Continue or Review/Edit or Pick up where you left off.
- Select Job (W-2), select Work on my W-2, and select Continue.
- If you've already entered a W-2, select Add another W-2.
- On the Let's start with some info from this W-2 screen, select Continue. You don't need to enter the Box - b info.
- Select Snap a photo then Continue.
- Make sure your W-2 is lying flat on a plain, well-lit surface. We'll direct you on how to get the best photo and automatically snap the picture for you.
- This picture won't be saved on your device, nor in your TurboTax account.
- TurboTax will automatically import your information, or direct you to type it in if there’s a problem. You'll have the opportunity to make changes if needed.
You can continue in the mobile app or sign into TurboTax Online where your information will now be uploaded.
Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.