If you worked as a freelancer or contractor last year, you probably got a 1099-NEC instead of a 1099-MISC. Go here to learn how to enter that form.
Note: TurboTax Free Edition doesn't support Form 1099-MISC.
To enter a 1099-MISC for miscellaneous income in TurboTax:
- Open or continue your return
- Select Search and search for 1099-misc
- Select the Jump to link in the search results
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
- If you already entered a 1099-MISC, you'll be on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, in which case you'll select Add Another 1099-MISC
- If you need to edit or delete a previously entered 1099-MISC, select the appropriate button
- Enter the info from your form into the corresponding boxes
- If you need to enter boxes 4–6 or 8–17, check My form has other info in boxes 1–17 to expand the form
Boxes 1 and 2 missing from your 1099-MISC screen? Go back to the main 1099-MISC screen using the steps above.