TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where do I find last year's state/local refund so I can report it on this year's taxes?

SOLVEDby TurboTax8379Updated April 16, 2022

You'll need info on last year’s AGI or accessing a prior year return.

If you transferred last year’s tax data to this year's return, your state and local refunds are automatically brought over with your other tax info.

Alternatively, your state/locality may have sent you a 1099-G form (if they haven’t gone paperless). You should receive your 1099-G by mid-February if your state/locality still sends out paper forms. If you did get a 1099-G, make sure it's for a state/local tax refund, not unemployment compensation.

Here are some other places you might find the amount of last year’s state/local refund:

  • Last year's state tax return
  • Your bank statement showing your entire state/locality refund
  • Your state tax agency (for state refunds) or municipality (for local refunds)

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop DeluxeTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Live BasicTurboTax Live DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employedTurboTax Live PremierTurboTax Live Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps DeluxeTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Online DeluxeTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads