TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What info does my Full Service tax expert need for my cryptocurrency?

SOLVEDby TurboTaxUpdated 1 month ago

The IRS considers crypto to be property, so capital gains and losses need to be reported.

You’ll need to give your Full Service tax expert one of the following:

  • Form 1099-B
    • This will be sent to you if you use Robinhood Crypto, Webull, Apex Clearing, or Uphold
  • Capital gain/loss report as a PDF or .CSV file
  • Form 8949 or Schedule D
    • Use a coin aggregator like CoinTracker to generate these forms
    • This is a good option if you have multiple crypto accounts or transfer crypto from one exchange to another

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads