What is the TurboTax Audit Support Guarantee?
Our TurboTax Audit Support Guarantee gives you free audit guidance from a trained tax professional to help you understand your IRS notice and answer all your audit-related questions.
This Guarantee covers all 2013, 2014, and 2015 federal and state returns prepared in TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, Free Edition, and Freedom Edition.
- One-on-one audit guidance from an experienced tax professional;
- Year-round answers to your audit questions; and
- Assistance with what to expect and how to prepare for the audit.
Visit the TurboTax Audit Support Center any time you need audit-related help.
What's not covered?
The TurboTax Audit Support Guarantee does not cover:
- TurboTax Business;
- 2012 or prior-year tax returns;
- Audit representation;
- Audit or legal advice;
- Reimbursement of add-on fees (e.g. Refund Processing Service, Audit Defense, etc.)
- Rejected returns;
- Audit notices or letters received more than 3 years from the filing deadline for the return (not including extensions);
- Form 1040NR and other tax forms not supported in TurboTax;
- Tax returns that were prepared or filed in violation of the TurboTax User Agreement