TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2352 people found this useful

How do I add a dependent's W-2 to my return?

You don't – your dependent's W-2 isn't reported on your return.

If your unmarried dependent's W-2 earnings exceed their standard deduction (usually $6,300), they should file their own return and report the W-2 there.

But even if your dependent didn't earn enough to be required to file, s/he may want to file a return to recover the withholdings from their paychecks.

Related Information: