TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
6289 people found this useful

How do I add a dependent's W-2 to my return?

You don't – your dependent's W-2 isn't reported on your return.

If your unmarried dependent's W-2 earnings exceed his/her standard deduction ($12,000 in 2018), they should file their own return and report the W-2 on their return.

But even if your dependent didn't earn enough to be required to file, s/he may want to file a return to recover any withholdings.